[cups.general] Canon CAPT drivers (eg LBP-3200)

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Mon Feb 6 02:08:20 PST 2006

Klaus Singvogel wrote:
> Therefore, and again, I suggest to buy a HP printer. HP printer might
> be a bit more expensive, but they have a GPL driver with _complete_
> sources and support most of all of their printers (still a few
> exceptions exists, like LaserJet 3100, or LaserJet 1010):
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You probably mean the LaserJet 1020, as LJ 1000/1005/1020 are ZJS
printers for which HP does not ship Linux drivers, The LaserJet
1010/1012 are supported by HPIJS.

> 	http://hpinkjet.sf.net/
>
> Sorry for my explicit advertising for HP printers. But several printer
> vendors didn't learn, what GPL really means, why it is necessary, and
> why HP is years ahead with the Linux/GPL policy.

If you need a laser, there are also other brands supporting Linux with
free software/PPDs: Ricoh (with partners Lanier, Infotec, NRG, Savin),
Kyocera, ...

   Till