[cups.general] "media" keyword values

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 04:52:55 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm looking at RFC 2911, "Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and
Semantics", APPENDIX C: "media" keyword values, beginning p 189.  On p
201 in that section:

   The following standard values are defined for input-trays (from ISO
   DPA and the Printer MIB):

    'top': The top input tray in the printer.
    'middle': The middle input tray in the printer.
    'bottom': The bottom input tray in the printer.
    'envelope': The envelope input tray in the printer.
    'manual': The manual feed input tray in the printer.
    'large-capacity': The large capacity input tray in the printer.
    'main': The main input tray
    'side': The side input tray

I can't see anything in CUPS that handles (for example) "middle".  Is
this something that an IPP-capable printer would handle itself?  Or is
it just not implemented in CUPS yet?

Thanks,
Tim.
*/