[cups.general] Spooler jobfile names in /var/spool/cups/

Tom Callahan callahant at tessco.com
Thu Feb 9 08:06:54 PST 2006

Does anyone know if you can change how CUPS names the jobfiles in
/var/spool/cups? I need to preserve all Job files, and be able to backup
and purge this directory. The problem is, once I purge, CUPS starts the
numbering over again, so if I ever have to restore, it will overwrite
the data currently in there..... I'd like to somehow have CUPS name
those jobfiles with a date stamp in them....

Thanks,

--
Tom Callahan
TESSCO Technologies
Email: callahant at tessco.com

A real engineer only resorts to documentation when the keyboard dents on the forehead get too noticeable.