data file name has underscore substituted for period

tschoeder at state.nd.us tschoeder at state.nd.us
Fri Feb 10 08:38:17 PST 2006

When a print job is submitted with the following command

lpr -P prt01  mydoc.pdf

Cups replaces the period with a underscore

We use our remote LPD software to write the data file out to a file. Other
system that send lpr files to our LPD server leave the period in place.

part of the debug log
D [10/Feb/2006:10:25:20 -0600] StartJob: argv = "prt01","11","root","mydoc.pdf","1","","/var/spool/cups/d00011-001"

The control file that is sent to the remote lpd server shows it with a underscore also.  Is there some way to prevent this.

thanks
Tom