network printing

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Feb 14 04:13:30 PST 2006

Hi

I have a problem with printing to a network printer.

I used CUPS to set up the printer and I can print to it from the web interface (the test page printing works for me so I think I have set it up correctly except that it prints out 10 copies instead of just 1, dont know why but that is a later problem) but when I want to use commands like lp (or lpr from the cups-bsd package that comes with debian) then I cant do that and lpstat -t cant find the printer that I defined using CUPS.

Can someone help me out here?

Oli