[cups.general] Restricted access to jobs

Joost Cogels joost at versdirect.nl
Wed Feb 15 03:16:25 PST 2006

Hi,

At our site we are using cups v1.1.22 as supplied with RedHat Enterprise
Server 4 to provide printing services to various companies. All jobs to
this server are submitted from an ERP application and are therefore
owned by the user, in this case the username under which the application
is running. What we want to be able to do is give various admins the
right to cancel jobs owned by this user, but somehow restrict access to
printers that are located on their site. Then they wont be able to
cancel jobs from printers that are not theirs, but can cancel all jobs
for printers that they are allowed access to, even if they are not the
owner of the job. Can this be accomplished?

Regards,

Joost Cogels
Vers Direct Nederland B.V.
The Netherlands