Cups experience and feedback

Romain Jacquet romain.jacquet at clarisys.fr
Thu Feb 16 05:32:10 PST 2006

Hello everybody,

We want to use differents network printers with differents features
(multiple trays, staple,...). We find Cups is very simple to use with
its integrated support of ppdfile.

But our sysadmins don't want to use Cups. They think that it is not
reliable (especially the spooler) and bugs are difficult to fix. I'm not
sure that this is the truth...

Is somebody have experience of administration with a lot of printers?
What is  the frequence of the problems?
(We plan to use a Cups server with up to 30 printers and some of this
printer can print up 3000 pages per day.)

Thanks in advance.