Shorten delay between print request and actual printing

Leon Goldman leon244 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 07:25:24 PST 2006

Is there a way to shorten the delay that is occuring from when I request something be printed in an application and when the actual printing begins? Right now it takes up to 2 minutes which, when I am sitting there, seems like a lifetime. This was not the case before for me.

Currently using CUPS 1.1.23 under Mandriva 2006 Christmas edition, KDE 3.5.1. Printer is an HP 9800 connected by USB to my localhost. It prints fine, but just there is this delay. Error_log does not appear to show any error. I cannot find a setting within the configuration file that would affect this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.