Remove Printer instance

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Feb 21 10:47:24 PST 2006

I have a USB printer that I will soon retire.
Reading the Software User's Manual section on Removing Printer Instances, I see I should use the lpoptions -x, and lpadmin commands to remove the printer instance and print queue.

I would assume that I would need to do this, then power off the computer, then remove the USB cable, then power up the computer.

Is that correct, or is there a way to "eject" the USB device from the command line without powering off the computer?

Thanks!