HTML Rendering

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Feb 22 10:54:01 PST 2006

Anonymous wrote:
> Whenever I go to print an HTML file from the command line i get the source code printout rather than a rendered HTML file. I have googled and searched around for ways to render the HTML via command line but have not found any results. What should I do for this? Do i have to pipe it through a browser to print? any examples would be appriciated...

You can use tools like HTMLDOC to convert the HTML to PDF or
PostScript, and pipe into the lp/lpr commands:

     htmldoc --webpage -t ps filename.html | lp -d printer

You can find HTMLDOC at:

     http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc/           (commercial site)
     http://www.htmldoc.org/                  (open source site)