Native Win32 Cups Client?

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Feb 23 01:49:11 PST 2006

Is anyone aware of a native Win32 Cups Client?

What I am looking for is for a windows pc to be able to take part in the CUPS 'auto-discovery' thing.

I have approx 300 locations with and average of 3 ubuntu PC's per location, these are retail shops. Through the magic of CUPS each PC in these locations can see and use any printers connected to any PC on that subnet.

There are occasions where various people (sales reps, reigional managers etc) plug Windows PC's into the networks at these locations. I would like them to automatically get a list of printers in that location that they could print to.

I don't think Samba is the answer as this would mean them having to do something (browse to server and connect to printer, assuming they have the right drivers too!)

So is anyone aware of a CUPS client for windows? Or other software that allows Windows PC's to take part in the auto-discovery of CUPS?

Thanks

Mark Johnson