Print and save the file as pdf

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu Feb 23 04:37:12 PST 2006

Anonymous wrote:

> I am looking for a solution which provides a pdf copy of each file printed  via cups to be either stored in a subdirectory or sent to the original job submitter by email.
> I habe been trying to download the solution by Tim Fredrick but the link is obsolet and his email is not listed any longer.

You need to write a wrapper araund the backends you use which saves the input to a temp file
(as the input to the backends is from STDIN unless you do raw pwinting), create  a PDF from the
saved file and do the archiving (or submit this task to some ohter daemon).

There are solutions around that already supply the needed framework (e.g. Tea4CUPS).

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung