Compiling errors - *FLAGS*

angelb at bugarin.us angelb at bugarin.us
Thu Feb 23 07:13:22 PST 2006

Hello all.

Can someone please tell me what these env variables are
associated to?

CFLAGS  <- png?
CXXFLAGS <- jpeg?
DSOFLAGS <- tiff?
LDFLAGS <- zlib?

When I run configure, it complains of some libraries are
missing and documetation states to setenv for the path but
it doesn't tell me what those variables are associated to
what:

#
If the PNG, JPEG, TIFF, and ZLIB libraries are not installed in
a system default location (typically "/usr/include" and
"/usr/lib") you'll need to set the CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, DSOFLAGS,
and LDFLAGS environment variables prior to running configure:

    setenv CFLAGS "-I/some/directory" ENTER
    setenv CXXFLAGS "-I/some/directory" ENTER
    setenv DSOFLAGS "-L/some/directory" ENTER
    setenv LDFLAGS "-L/some/directory" ENTER
#

Thanks!
Angel