[cups.general] cups quoestions

Dietmar Segbert didi.segbert at t-online.de
Thu Feb 23 19:01:35 PST 2006

Hello,

i have installed a new linux system (slackware 10.2) with kernel 2.4.32.
I also installed cups, esp gs, gs extra fonts, gimp-driver, hijps. of
slackware 10.2.

My printers are a minolta pagepro 6 (pcl5) which works on my old system
apsfilter/gs correct, a panasonic kxp-1124 and a index baxica braille-
printer.

I also have a backend to print to pdf-files.

For the minolta pagepro6 i downloaded a ppd from linux-printing.org. I
have also installed a LJ4 driver.

My problem:

If i print a with scanimage of my hp scanjet scanned a4-paper, pnm-file,
cups prints not one page, cups prints nine pages!!
If i print to pdf, cups prints also nine pages of this file.

Any ideas, what i can do?

My next question:

I am searching for an backend for my braille printer index-basica, so that
i can print ascii directly.

Rgards and thanks for your help.
Dietmar