Impossible to print a PDf with 3D graphs

Frédéric Massot frederic at juliana-multimedia.com
Tue Feb 28 03:29:38 PST 2006

Frédéric Massot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use a print server with CUPS 1.1.23 and three printers (Brother
> HL-1250, EPSON Stylus Color 880, and Samsung ML-1210).
>
> I try to print the document "Workload Dependent Performance Evaluation
> of the Linux 2.6 I/O Schedulers" of the PDF Symposium Proceedings 2004
> Volume 2
> (http://www.linuxsymposium.org/proceedings/LinuxSymposium2004_V2.pdf)
>
> With the three printers the impression fails on pages 437, 438 and 441,
> that which contain 3D graphs.
>
> Did somebody succeed in printing these pages?

It is not a bug of cups, but certainly a Adobe Reader bug  :o)
I printed with Adobe Reader 7.0.

I can print the pages with the command : lpr -o page-ranges=151,152,155
-P Epson LinuxSymposium2004_V2.pdf

Regards.
|              FREDERIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic at juliana-multimedia.com   |