[cups.general] Queues shutting off

Minatra, Pat H. pminatra at hsutx.edu
Tue Feb 28 07:55:02 PST 2006

Yes, they go to the state of disabled, accepting and you have to turn
them back up (enable) and everything is fine.

I can probably write a Unix script to do this via cron but I have a
couple that must stay down never be brought up so I will have to allow
for that.

So, am I correct when I say that power cycling will bring the queue
down?

Can I get a confirmation on that as it could be the culprit but I need
to know that in order to pursue that avenue.

As far as:
-----start snip
>  print jobs go to the wrong queues and

That's a new one to me from a CUPS point of view... I've always just
assumed the error was sitting in the seat in front of the computer.
-----end snip

I believe it to be the operator and not a fault of the system; but you
understand why I 'had to ask'.

Thanks for any help and have a GREAT day!

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance
between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax