RasterToEscpX.c implementing > 720dpi

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Feb 15 06:53:42 PST 2006

Anonymous wrote:
>                       Hello!
>
> P'raps You could give me a clue...
>
> I use the cupsddk-1.0.1 RasterToEscpX.c code to generate - from the raster data generated by the ImageToRaster.c - the end EscP data for the Epson Stylus Photo R200.
>
> It works alright for resolutions up to 720dpi only.
> (HWResolution[0..1]<=720).
>
> Of course I'm quite aware it's the maximum 'hardware' resolution of the R200 printhead itself - and generally higher (than 720) resolutions are attained through positioning the printhead - 'within' its own resolution scope - which is supported with a higher precision by the printhead positioning mechanism.
>
> Again I see a 'multi-line' software algorithm making use of such method must differ considerably.
>
> So couldn't you advise me:
> 1. if the said RasterToEscpX.c code does implement such method at all?
> and if so

Certainly, in fact the R300 example included with the DDK is a good
place to start.

> 2. what parameters could be adjusted to make it work?

Look at the Resolution lines in the r300-basic.drv file:

     Resolution - 8 90 0 103 "360dpi/360 DPI"
     *Resolution - 8 90 0 206 "720dpi/720 DPI"
     Resolution - 8 90 0 412 "1440dpi/1440 DPI"

Also read the DDK manual that has a whole chapter devoted to this
subject...