Print file sent, wating for printer to finish...never goes away

Pat H. Minatra pminatra at hsutx.edu
Wed Feb 15 13:45:10 PST 2006

We have just brought up a Linux Red Had 4.0 server using CUPS v.1.1.22 and are having a slight problem in that several of the print queues will have the following information AFTER printing to them:

Print file sent, waiting for printer to finish...

This information is gotten by using the following command:

lpstat -t | grep printer | more

The ONLY way I have been able to make this go away is by issuing the following two commands:

/usr/bin/disable AWDLT2
And then
/usr/bin/enable AWDLT2

(where AWDLT2 is my print queue name).

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

I have been unable to track anything down via the CUPS website or other searches.

Thank you for any help.  Please feel free to respond to my email address of pminatra at hsutx.edu.

Thanks again.  Pat H. Minatra  02.15.06