[cups.bugs] Re: [LOW] STR #1431: Invalid IPP response

Jens Elkner jel at freddytel.biz
Mon Feb 20 07:38:25 PST 2006

'Michael Sweet wrote:'

> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> OK, I've decoded the hex data from the requests and responses - all four
> sets contain valid IPP messages, so you need to report this as a BUG to
> Sun. Here is the output from cups/testipp:

>     natural-language-configured (naturalLanguage):

Ahhh, now I see - the whole "lc-ctype=en-us;lc-numeric=c;lc-time=c;lc-collate=c;lc-monetary=c;lc-messages=c;lc-paper=c;lc-name=c;lc-address=c;lc-telephone=c;lc-measurement=c;lc-identification=c" is the attribute value instead of "en"
or something like that (what I expected) and something is missing ...

So it is finally a kind of bufferoverflow in Suns implementation.

Sorry for staling your time :(.

Thanx,
jens.
--