Cannot use PPD file for my Kyocera Mita FS1010

Quadlex quadlex at quadlex.com
Tue Feb 28 03:18:53 PST 2006

I have a Kyocera Mita FS1010 Laser printer, which I'm trying to use with CUPS.

The printer is located at /dev/usb/lp0, and works fine when I use the raw driver and queue.

However, when I try to install the supplied Kyocera_Mita_FS-1010_EN.ppd file, the printer installs, but won't print.  Test pages enter a 'cancelled' state as soon as I print them.  Attempting to restart the jobs results in "client-error-not-possible".  The printer itself doesn't give any indication that a document has been sent.

I've made sure I'm using the right model and Kyocera-Mita supplied PPD, and I've checked it with cupstestppd, and it all comes out OK.  So frankly, I've got no idea what's going on.