[cups.general] cups server using IPP: access denied when deleting jobs

Cyrill Helg linux at solnet.ch
Mon Jan 2 10:34:12 PST 2006

Hi out there

I'm having troubles with my cups server. I installed the hp printer without
problems and can use it also by a windows machine over IPP.

But when I try to cancel an existing job, I'll get the following message:
Access denied. In the cups error log, this is shown:

//Log:
E [31/Dec/2005:14:07:59 +0100] cancel_job: "anonymous" not authorized to
delete job id 11 owned by "User"!

Or when I choose cancel all jobs in windows, thats what cups says:

//Log_
E [31/Dec/2005:14:33:18 +0100] cancel_all_jobs: admin request on bad resource
'/printers/hppsc'!

I don't know what the options in cups.conf are important for that. I allowed
everything in / as shown here:

</Location>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 192.168.1.*
</Location>

I also tried the same options in /jobs or even /admin, but it does not help.

Thanks for any hint!

Cyrill Helg