Slow down queue

gotj at hotmail.com gotj at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 21:47:19 PST 2006

Hi,

I have a serial label printer connected to a Stallion EasyServerII. The EasyServer is listening for connections and passes the job to the serial port.

My problem is that jobs in quick succession get lost. For example if I send jobs to it like this:

for i in `seq 1 1 5` ; do lp -d label2 ${i}_barcode_label ; done

I will get the first and no more. If I change the above statement to include a 2 sec delay it seems to work ok.

How do I add this delay? Or better yet how can I force cups to only send 1 jobs to it at a time. Looking at the output of the netstat command it seems like all jobs have gone to the printserver at once!!

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Greg.