Slow down queue

Greg Jones gotj at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 22:19:53 PST 2006

> Hi,
>
> I have a serial label printer connected to a Stallion EasyServerII. The EasyServer is listening for connections and passes the job to the serial port.
>
> My problem is that jobs in quick succession get lost. For example if I send jobs to it like this:
>
> for i in `seq 1 1 5` ; do lp -d label2 ${i}_barcode_label ; done
>
> I will get the first and no more. If I change the above statement to include a 2 sec delay it seems to work ok.
>
> How do I add this delay? Or better yet how can I force cups to only send 1 jobs to it at a time. Looking at the output of the netstat command it seems like all jobs have gone to the printserver at once!!
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg.

Sorry, I forgot to give some info on my setup. I'm running RHEL v4 with kernel 2.6.9-5.ELsmp.

My version of cups is: rpm -q cups
cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.9

The printer is setup as a socket, raw printer. The data files are quite small, about 1k.

I've looked through the options in cupsd-config but nothing seems obvious to me. Would a pseudo printer do this?

Thanks again.

Greg.