[cups.general] cups server using IPP: access denied when deletingjobs

Cyrill Helg linux at solnet.ch
Tue Jan 3 10:00:01 PST 2006

Am Dienstag 03 Januar 2006 18:36 schrieb Michael Sweet:
> Cyrill Helg wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 3. Januar 2006 02:28 schrieb Gene Heskett:
> >> Its probably something in the Location Admin...  Some snips from
> >> my /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
> >>
> >> <Location />
> >> Order Deny,Allow
> >> Deny From All
> >> Allow From @LOCAL
> >> </Location>
> >>
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> <Location /admin>
> >> AuthType Basic
> >> AuthClass System
> >> Order Deny,Allow
> >> Deny From All
> >> Allow From @LOCAL
> >> </Location>
> >>
> >> YMMV of course.
> >
> > Hmm this looks more like a workaround than a real solution. Because like
> > this everyone can delete any job. I think that this problem is a BUG in
> > cups.
>
> No, only an administrator or the owner of a job can cancel it in
> CUPS 1.1.x.
>
> The "correct" solution in 1.1.x is to add the following:
>
>      <Location /jobs>
>      <Limit GET>
>      Order allow,deny
>      Allow @LOCAL
>      AuthType Basic
>      Require valid-user
>      </Limit>
>      </Location>

Ok I have this in my jobs section and that in /

<Location />
Encryption Never
AuthType Basic
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 192.168.1.*
Allow From 127.0.0.1

</Location>

But the problem is still here :(.

What are the options that I need?

> CUPS 1.2 automatically asks for authentication when you cancel a
> job from the web interface; in addition, you can configure CUPS to
> allow any user to cancel a job, if you like (the default is the same
> as CUPS 1.1.x and earlier, as I described above...)

Is cups 1.2 available for debian? Or still in development?

Thanks for your help

Cyrill