Wrong arranged lines

Thomas Perl thp at perli.net
Thu Jan 5 04:24:07 PST 2006

Hello!

I'm using a hp deskjet 845c printer connected over USB to a Debian Sarge machine running CUPS (Debian package ver. 1.1.23-10). I've selected "HP" as  the Vendor and "HP Deskjet 845C Foomatic/hpijs (recommended) (en)" as the Model/Driver.

Some other version numbers of Deb packages I've installed:
foomatic-filters 3.0.2-20050403-1
foomatic-filters-ppds 20050430-1

My problem is that some text line are sporadically arranged wrong (vertically) resulting in a printout image like this:

http://perli.net/public/images/cups-error-lines.jpg

It just happens all the time I print from for example a browser window or evince or something like that in Linux. It doesn't happen when printing something from a Windows machine connected to that CUPS server over http.

Am I using a wrong driver or wrong settings? Also, I guess the problem isn't lying with the server, rather with some intermediate processing that happens on Linux clients but not Windows clients - could this be a trace?

Thanks for any help :)

thp

PS: Please CC to my e-mail adress if this isn't done automatically.