[cups.general] quotas ?

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Thu Jan 5 07:14:26 PST 2006

Hi, and happy new year !

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 04:01:23PM +0100, Frank Bonnet wrote:

> I've a CUPS server installed that I now manage
> it runs on a Debian platform.
>
> I noticed that it is possible to manage some per user quota with CUPS
> I need more infos on those features , is there some detailed infos
> somewhere I could read ? especially how and where are stored quota
> informations

Several third party applications exist which work with CUPS to do
quota management :

Free Software :

        PyKota, PrintBill

Not so Free (not sure) or Proprietary Software :

        PaperCut NG, X2 Print Accounting

Other software which can do accounting with CUPS (no quota enforcement) :

        Jasmine, accsnmp, ...

hth

Jerome Alet