MaxClient and MaxClientPerHost

angelb at bugarin.us angelb at bugarin.us
Wed Jan 11 13:41:42 PST 2006

Lately, we've been having printer problems; from slow response to
sometimes hung printers. I'm trying to tweak some configurations and
noticed the MaxClient and MaxClientPerHost directives in one client's
cupsd.conf file.  Does anyone know if these two directives works for
the client or is it only for the CUPS server?

Looking at it, it seems like it's only for the servers.

#
# MaxClients: controls the maximum number of simultaneous clients that
# will be handled.  Defaults to 100.
#

#MaxClients 100

#
# MaxClientsPerHost: controls the maximum number of simultaneous clients that
# will be handled from a specific host.  Defaults to 10 or 1/10th of the
# MaxClients setting, whichever is larger.  A value of 0 specifies the
# automatic (10 or 1/10th) setting.
#

#MaxClientsPerHost 0

My understanding is that "client" refers to a system where cupsd is
running and not a physical printer.

Thanks!