cups+samba+winbind+Not giving actual ADS users

Kaustabh Sen kaustabh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 00:32:53 PST 2006

This is the first time I am doing this kind of setup.

Here is the scenario:
Redhat Linux 9
cups-1.1.17-13
samba-3.0.20b with winbind
using PyKota as accounting software

Trying to setup a print server on Redhat Linux 9 which will authenticate users from Win 2000 ADS domain.

When I try to print something from windows machine,it says the following line in /var/log/messages.
/var/log/messages

Jan 12 13:34:52 skylin smbd: Permission denied-- user not allowed to delete, pause, or resume print job. User name: nobody. Printer name: Bldg_A_3rd_Floor_4200_58.

What I cannot understand is why is it saying "User name: nobody",as much as I know it is the default guest account.
Why is it not giving the actual username.
Rest of the error ,I know the solution,I have stopped duplicate printing in cupsd.conf

smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = SKYTECHSOLUTIONS.INTRA