[cups.general] Modified Vendor PPD

Klaus Singvogel kssingvo at suse.de
Tue Jan 17 03:15:47 PST 2006

Franz Pfoertsch wrote:
> I have some modified PPDs from different Vendors.
> This files are adjusted to fullfill the cupstestppd.
>
> Which status does this files have.

I depends. In most cases the header of the file contains the
related information, whether it is allowed to modify and redistribute
them or not.

> Is it allowed to publish them on a webserver?

The foomatic-db at www.linuxprinting.org contains vendor related PPDs
e.g. ask Till Kamppeter, if you want to include or update them.

> Should we collect them?

I think it is a good idea to send them back to the printer vendors.
Don't get annoyed, if they aren't interested in or their support
doesn't know how to handle such a request...

Regards,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel