cups printing to a print server..

Nick nick at isdial.net
Tue Jan 17 06:05:16 PST 2006

hi,

Im running cups on a Red Hat Linux box currently printing to a surecom print server with 3 printers attached to it.

cups prints perfectly to all the printers but quite often a job seems to 'get stuck' and the printer will continously print. if I check the queue the job is queued 3 or 4 times. Ive yet to find why..

to me it seems like cups is submitting the job, the print server is receiving it, its printing but isnt sending an acknowledgement back to the cupsd so it resubmits..

I converted from lpd to cups a few months ago and we currently have over 30 printers printing 100% fine on samba shares over WAN links..

anyone got any clues? or even anything I can try.

 - nick