[cups.general] Global default paper size?

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Wed Jan 18 05:04:07 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm pretty sure this is a FAQ, but I've been unable to find an answer so
far...  How can I set the paper size as a global default?

AFAICT, even if the ppd says DefaultPageSize: A4 in /usr/share/cups/..., new
printers are installed with letter paper size set.  The problem here is
that printers are added abd renmoved dynamically (nomachine's NX terminal
server), so setting it per printer doesn't help here.

I'm also investigating getting nomachine to add the printer with the correct
configuration by default, but a cups-global default setting should be
doable, not?

[cc:s appreciated, I've not found a decent web archive to read this list
yet.  Pointers welcome, too.]

greetings
-- vbi

--