[cups.general] Firefox does not print

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Jan 18 07:46:19 PST 2006

Hello,

On Jan 18 10:11 Torsten Löhr wrote (shortened):
> I am using Firefox V1.0.6 (as delivered with OpenSuse 10.0).
> The Cups Server (V1.1.15) is running on SuSE8.1.
> a filter named "pstops" fails with an errorlevel 1

Isn't it
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/03/jsmeix_print-einrichten-91.html
"Printing from Mozilla"?

> I exchanged the pstops filter with the version from Cups 1.1.23

In general it cannot work to use files from newer versions
in an older-version environment (except you know exactly
about all dependencies and that they are fullfilled).
If you like to use the pstops filter from CUPS 1.1.23
on your Suse Linux 8.1 system, you must compile and install
the whole CUPS 1.1.23 (i.e. with the matching CUPS libraries)
on your Suse Linux 8.1 system.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de