Slow down queue

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu Jan 19 04:33:47 PST 2006

Anonymous wrote:

> > > The printer is setup as a socket, raw printer.
> >
> > For one print queue the cupsd processes only one job at the
> > same time (this is the main purpose of a queue: serialize
> > multiple requests).
> >
> > Obviously the firmware in the printserver box is broken
> > because it accepts new jobs even if it cannot process them.
> >

> Hi Johannes,
>
> thanks for your reply. I did end up following your suggestion and got it all working. The delay problem was solved by changing an option on the print server.
>
> I did have to setup two filters, one to convert preformatted espon to postscript and another to append form feeds at the end of the job. All works exactly as I needed.
>
> I now have a followup question.
>
> I read at the SUSE website that in order for a remote host to print to the cups server and make sure that the filters are used then I needed to enable the ServerName line in the client.conf. So I did that and it works great but it seems that now I cannot see now local queues. Is it at all possible to have local queues and use the remote ones as described?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Greg.

The client.conf file is to be used only if the local machine does not run a cupsd daemon.
Yoru local queues need to be handled by a local cupsd, and the remote queues are then known to
the olcal cupsd by either browsing or by having the cups.polld daemon configured and running.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung