[cups.general] Cups keeps shutting down queues when user's turn off printer

Dracula countofdracula at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 05:55:55 PST 2006

I was running RHEL 3 ES on our print server. I recently
upgraded to RHEL 4 ES.  After the upgrade, any time
a printer is shut off or it has an error or there is
a network outage to the printer, Cups will automatically
stop the print queue.  I normally use the web interface
to manage the printers.  This shows up as a printer
with the "Start Printer" button showing.

How do I keep it from doing this?  It is not acceptable
to require a sys admin to be available every time the
printer is shut off just because someone had a jam, etc.

Thanks

Regards,

Komal