HP Officejet K550 on SuSE 9.3

bernd at rhm.de bernd at rhm.de
Mon Jan 23 06:59:42 PST 2006

Hi, we have problems while connecting an Officejet K550 to our linux Suse 9.3 systems. We get the following error message in the foomatic-rip.log.
gs version is 8.15, foomatic-rip is 3.48. Is there something too old?
We don't have troubles with any other printer models. We use the ppd for this printer from linuxprinting.org.

Thanks, Bernd Rieke

renderer command: gs -q -dBATCH -dPARANOIDSAFER -dQUIET -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=ijs -sIjsServer=hpijs -sDeviceManufacturer="HEWLETT-PACKARD" -sDeviceModel="Officejet Pro K550" -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=612 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=792 -dDuplex=false -r300 -sIjsParams=Quality:Quality=0,Quality:ColorMode=2,Quality:MediaType=0,Quality:P
enSet=2,PS:MediaPosition=7 -dIjsUseOutputFD -sOutputFile=- -
unable to set device=Officejet Pro K550, err=16
**** Unable to open the initial device, quitting.