[cups.general] choosing tray

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Jan 24 01:38:06 PST 2006

Hi,

We have a 4250 laser printer from HP with 3 trays (tray 1 is the manual tray).
We print to it with CUPS and with the AIX print software.  The problem is
that they both handles the tray different.

I'm not going to explain what's going wrong.  What I want to know is how CUPS
select the tray if the user is not specifying a tray.
I think the printer is configured as a raw printer.  But how can I check this
out?  There is no driver option in printers.conf.

Stef