Sharing Linux printer with Mac *ISSUE RESOLVED*

Lee C lee_cullens at mac.com
Tue Jan 24 22:15:34 PST 2006

I now have both the zeroconf LAN (Linux and Mac) file sharing and the CUPS printer sharing working.

Sharing the printer on my Linux box with my Mac was simply a matter of recognizing (duh) that the little ports.conf include at the end of the cupsd.conf file was the key to my Mac being able to access the printer.

The ports.conf had one line that said "Listen localhost:631" so CUPS was not "listening" to my LAN.  I simply removed the "localhost:" part.  I probably missed it, but I didn't see that little bit of info in the CUPS tomes.

I'm going to fill out my notes on a zeroconf LAN setup with CUPS printer sharing, and after a posting for review put them up as a web page how-to.

The suggestions I received were much appreciated,
Lee C