Dynamically assign print tray

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Jan 25 06:44:11 PST 2006

Andrew wrote:

> I am going to be writing a small program to print a batch of files automatically. However, I need to select different trays on the fly because of different paper formats. I have looked but have not found command line arguements or APIs that allow me to pass a tray option without manually reconfiguring the printer settings in CUPS everytime. How can this be done?

Usually the printer's PPD offers keywords for both tray selection and/or media type selection.
You may easily use these keywords with the approrioate values as command line options
(or access them via API functions).

But, if you need to use different trays within a single job, you'd have to insert the appropriate
PS snippets into the PS job.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke