cups lpoptions number-up=2 "letter to A4"

Carsten carsten at mirys.net
Thu Jan 26 01:30:50 PST 2006

Dear all,

====================
grep -v ^# /etc/cups/printers.conf
<DefaultPrinter Optra-T616>
Info Optra-T616
Location
DeviceURI socket://192.168.1.15:9100
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
nup=2
</Printer>
====================

lpoptions -l
Duplex/Double-Sided Printing: *DuplexNoTumble DuplexTumble None
InputSlot/Media Source: *Default Tray1 Tray2 Tray3 Manual Auto
PageSize/Page Size: Letter *A4 11x17 A3 A5 B5 Env10 EnvC5 EnvDL EnvISOB5 EnvMonarch Executive Legal
PageRegion/PageRegion: Letter A4 11x17 A3 A5 B5 Env10 EnvC5 EnvDL EnvISOB5 EnvMonarch Executive Legal
Resolution/Resolution: *default 150x150dpi 300x300dpi 600x600dpi 1200x1200dpi
PreFilter/GhostScript pre-filtering: EmbedFonts Level1 Level2 *No
====================

I have a PDF document (US letter format) and I print it to the Lexmark Optra T616 printer with the following command (from Ubuntu using Acrobat Reader). The printer prints on A4 sheets:
Quote:
/usr/bin/lp -o number-up=2

I get a lot of margin around the two pages which are printed on each side.
How can I get rid of the margins and the space between the two pages?
I tried the following options without luck:
-o page-left=10 -o page-right=10 -o page-top=10 -o page-bottom=10
-o scaling=100

Regards,
Carsten