[cups.general] cups 1.2 stable?

Michael R Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Jan 26 06:38:40 PST 2006

Ryan Suarez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know when 1.2 is scheduled for stable?
>
> http://www.cups.org/roadmap.php
> <snip>
> CUPS 1.2 is the active development branch and is scheduled for release
> by the end of 2005. This release is focused on several major
> enhancements including IPv6 support, full localization, IPP
> notifications, and fine-grained administrative policies.
> </snip>
>
> The above states that it should have been released already.  I'm setting
> up a pilot and need to decide which branch to run.

We'll be pushing the first betas out in a few weeks; mainly the delay
is in integrating various patches and features from different places
and then making sure everything still works.

The current schedule (and I'll update the roadmap page over the
weekend) is to have the first stable/production release of CUPS 1.2
at the beginning of March.