Using syslog

angelb at bugarin.us angelb at bugarin.us
Thu Jan 26 11:18:09 PST 2006

Hi all!

I'm setting a test CUPS server to use syslog for all CUPS-related
messages. I've not been able to get it to work.

In my CUPS server, I specified syslog to log all messages.

localhost# grep syslog cupsd.conf
AccessLog syslog
ErrorLog syslog
PageLog syslog

Since I did not specify a facility, I'm guessing it defaults
to local7 id.

localhost# grep local7 syslog.conf
local7.debug            /var/log/local7.log

Upon stop and starting cupsd, I'm still not getting any messages. Stop
and starting the syslog daemon had no effect eiter. Log file remains at
zero:

localhost# ls -al local7.log
-rw-r--r--   1 root     system            0 Jan 22 00:10 local7.log

Does anyone know how to configure this correctly?

Thanks!
Angel