[cups.general] Re: Port 631 Forbidden

Maurizio Faccio Maurizio.Faccio at merbe.com.uy
Mon Jan 30 09:38:24 PST 2006

I know that "Allow from all " is bad from a security standpoint, but I put
that  value to try if I can see it.
Here is  the confd.conf file

Port 631
BrowseAddress @LOCAL
BrowseAllow @LOCAL
<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From @LOCAL
</Location>
<Location /jobs>
AuthType Basic
AuthClass User
</Location>
<Location /admin>
AuthType Basic
AuthClass System
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From @LOCAL
</Location>

Thank you in advance
As I know, cups has nothing to do with cups cause cups has a self contained
server

"Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett at verizon.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:23807-cups.general at news.easysw.com...
On Monday 30 January 2006 05:40, Maurizio Faccio wrote:
>Thank you a lot for your answers
>But I've made a mistake and post wrong cupsd.conf file. The actual
>cupsd.conf file
>
> <Location /> Order Allow, Deny
> Allow From All
> Deny From None

Wrong from a security standpoint.
S/B
<Location />
Order Deny, Allow
Deny from All
Allow from @Local
<Location>
Your way lets the whole world in if you fix the real problem.

>And with this conf file I still obtain Forbidden

What other <Location> settings are in your cupsd.conf?
And of course we assume httpd is running.