error-client-not-possible

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Jan 31 08:47:07 PST 2006

Hi guys,
this is my first post in this forum. I'm sorry if my english isn't good enough.
I've got an HP DeskJet 5652 as printer and a Debian testing as OS. When I upgrade cups to its latest version, my printer doesn't work anymore! If I try to print a test page from http://localhost:631/printers, I've got this error message:

client-error-not-possible

That is, cups cannot recognize the printer's device. I've installed all the latest drivers and software (hplip), and I use the correct device, that is:

hp:/usb/hp_deskjet_5600?serial=MY41T4M16Q89

that was also the one I used with the prevoius version of cups. But my printer doesn't work!
Any suggestion?
Thanx!!!