Force grayscale with color PostScript file

yaggg2 at macrotex.net yaggg2 at macrotex.net
Thu Jan 5 08:12:11 PST 2006

We have a color laser printer but we want to allow only some people to print to it in color. So, we would like to force some locations to get output only in grayscale. However, we do not control these locations printer setups, so they might be sending us PostScript jobs in color.

Is there a way with ESP Ghostscript (or CUPS in general) to convert these color PostScript files to black-and-white PostScript so we could then send the black-and-white PostScript files to the color printer?

Thanks.