Problem with HP PSC 1310 printing to windows

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Jan 5 23:57:51 PST 2006

  I have an HP PSC 1310 series printer hooked up to my windows box.  I am trying to pring to it from my gentoo laptop with CUPS installed.  I have used CUPS to print to many other CUPS and windows servers without incident, however when I print to this windows box I don't get any output.

After I send a job (like a test page or any other job) to the queue, CUPS on my laptop shows that the job is complete.  When I go to the windows machine and look at the print queue it shows that 64 bytes of the job has been receivied from a downlevel document and it stays there stuck.  In order to make the job go away I have to manually stop the print spooler and delete the file out of the spool directory.

Can anybody help?  I am running CUPS 1.1.23 on gentoo amd64.  I also had this problem with an x86 install.