HP printer uses port 515 - cups port 631!

dil green dilgreen at nildram.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 10:37:34 PST 2006

> michael sweet write
>
> You'll need to LPD (lpd://192.168.1.115/raw) or AppSocket
> (socket://192.168.1.115) instead of IPP to talk with this printer.

Thanks for the swift reply! A little laconic for my capacities, but put together with some other info, this solved my problem.

For anyone as fresh to this stuff as I am that finds this thread, what it means is that, instead of accepting 'internet printing protocol' (IPP - geddit?) in Printer setup utility, select lpd or socket protocol instead.

Thanks again.

Dil Green