[cups.bugs] Print problem on jobs from KDE and now Scribus

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Jan 13 01:34:34 PST 2006

Hello,

On Jan 12 22:06 Russ Fineman wrote (shortened):
> SuSE10.0 boxed version, Cups 1.1.23-21, Scribus 1.2.4-1, QT 3.3.4, USB2.0
> using libusb. When I check thru admin it just shows the job as aborted.
> More common on ps jobs. The printer prints fine with lpr and my HP IIIP
> prints fine thru CUPS. Cups test page prints OK. I'm using the Epson PPD
> from http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_spc.html. Printing was working
> thru CUPs and LPR for Scribus, not sure if Scribus update caused problems
> since KDE Applications were aborting thru CUPS but printing with LPR before
> Scribus update.
>
> The error_log doesn't show much. Just this:
>         E [10/Jan/2006:16:12:22 -0800] PID 7024 stopped with status 0!

As "The printer prints fine with lpr and my HP IIIP prints fine thru CUPS"
and as you are using a third-party driver ("I'm using the Epson PPD
from http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_spc.html"),
it is almost for sure no CUPS problem but a problem either in
the third-party driver or in Scribus or in the KDE printing stuff.

By the way:
The error_log shows which program it is that has PID 7024.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de