[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1378: When setting up queue with the web interface, the PPD file gets copied incompletely

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Mon Jan 16 02:07:27 PST 2006

[STR New]

I have an HP PhotoSmart 2600 connected to the USB. On the admin page the
web interface shows it in the "New Printers Found:" list. I click on its
"Add this printer" button and get a list of PPDs (from
/usr/share/cups/model). In one attempt I have chosen the
DeskJet-900-series PPD from Gutenprint 5.0rc2 (test tarball from
gimp-print mailing list) in another the PPD which comes with HPLIP. The
appropriate drivers (Gutenprint and HPIJS) are installed.

The problem is that the PPDs do not get correctly copied to
/etc/cups/ppd/[queue].ppd. In /usr/share/cups/model the PPDs are complete
and pass cupstestppd, but the resulting PPDs in /etc/cups/ppd are
incomplete. There is always a small part in the end missing. It looks like
that the PPD is copied in blocks of a certain size and the last block does
not get copied. The HPLIP PPD ends for example as follows:

*Font Times-Italic: Standard "(001.007S)" Standard ROM
*Font Times-Roman: Standard "(001.007S)" Standard ROM
*Font ZapfChancery-Mediu

System is Mandriva's Cooker and CUPS version is the SVN revision 4929
(last weekly snapshot).

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1378
Version: 1.2-current