Web Interface, some URL are absolute (they starts with \)

Michael R Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Jan 29 06:29:00 PST 2006

Fernando Lucas Rodríguez wrote:
> It would be very nice that all de URL be relative. So, mod_proxy on
 > apache could be used without problems to manage cups ;)

Without knowing any details of the CUPS release you are using or
OS, it is impossible to really help you.

That said, the current stable (1.1.23) and development (1.2) releases
both do their best to convert URIs to localized forms, e.g.
"/printers/foo", through a series of tests on the hostname.  Some
Linux distros, namely Debian and other Debian-based ones, do not
set the hostname to include the full domain name and thus the
hostname matching in the CGI code is foiled.

We've added some changes in 1.2 that should allow even those broken
configurations to work, and the scheduler now also provides URIs
that are localized to the interface that the client connected to.