logging messages to error_log with "INFO:" does not work

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue Jul 4 06:45:46 PDT 2006

Helge Blischke <h.blischke at srz.de> wrote (Tuesday 04 July 2006 14:31):

> At least in CUPS 1.1.x, the INFO messages are written to the error_log only if
> the log level is at least warning or notice (don't know exactly). With log level
> info, the latest info message is saved as the state message in the internal printer's
> structure (and dumped inot printers.conf, shown in the web interface, or with the
> lpstat command).
>
> I currently don't know if things have changed with 1.2.x.

Thanks for this info, Helge.

If I understand correctly, that would mean: if I repeat that same
"info level" log message one more time (or if I write another one)
on the next line, it should appear in the error_log.

I tried it. However, it does neither appear in the error log, nor
as a state messsage in printers.conf/web interface/lpstat output...
(this one only tested with trunk/r5706 so far, not yet with 1.1.23)

Cheers,
Kurt